Foster Care and Caring for an Autistic Child
- To enable foster carers to confidently look after a child or young person who has been diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder.
http://ibprairies.org/newsletter/ Learning Outcomes
- To be more aware of what autism is and how it is diagnosed
- Appreciate some of the difficulties an autistic child may experience living in foster care
- Understand some problems when diagnosing children with autism whilst living in foster care
- Know about some of the challenges caring for an autistic child may bring and how to seek support
- Identify some positives in caring for a child with autism
Autism Training for Professionals – An Introduction
- An introduction course designed for child care professionals to understand how to work with and support children with an ASD and their families.
source Learning Outcomes
- Know about autism, how it is diagnosed and possible consequences for families and individuals
- Appreciate some difficulties families of a child with an ASD may experience
- Be aware about some of the challenges caring for an autistic child may bring and why families may seek support from professionals
- Clarify the role of the professional when working with autistic children and their families
- Become more confident in engaging autistic children and their families.
Autism and Safeguarding – Training for Childcare Professionals
- This course is designed to enable childcare professionals to confidently assess and intervene when there are suspected safeguarding issues involving an autistic child.
go to site Learning Outcomes
- Understand how autistic children may behave and be aware of possible explanations for any potential safeguarding behaviour
- Know about safeguarding procedures and signs of possible maltreatment
- Be aware of possible stresses experienced by families with an autistic child
- Learn about robust assessment strategies when there is an autistic child
- Identify available interventions with autistic children and their families